Cox Farms is one of the largest family farms and seasonal event destinations in Northern Virginia. Founded in 1972, the farm offers a wide range of attractions for the entire family, including hayrides, slides, farm animals, local, live music, and so much more.
The Corner Market is a fascinating aspect of Cox Farms, offering loads of fun activities for the whole family throughout the year. Let’s learn more about some of the things you can expect at the Cox Farms corner market.
Cox Farms Spring & Summer Corner Market
Spring & Summer at The Corner Market is characterized by homegrown produce, delicious barbecue, friendly farm animals, and live music. Here are some of the things you can enjoy with your family during this period.
- Playing – This encompasses a variety of exciting activities for both kids and adults, including photo ops in the gigantic chair, visiting the friendly farm animals, bubble-chasing, train and boat rides, wooden climbing structures, and enlarged versions of various board games.
- Snacks – You can tickle your taste buds with a range of snacks, including all-natural vanilla soft-serve ice cream, milkshakes, hot dogs, freshly-squeezed lemonade, cinnamon-roasted almonds, and root beer floats throughout the weekend.
- Smokin’ Saturdays – This takes place every Saturday between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Cox Farms treats you to some delicious old-fashioned barbecue, live music, and a two-hour tour of the famous Foamhenge.
Cox Farms Christmas Corner Market
Christmastime is an opportunity to experience Cox Farms’ Winter Wonderland with your family. You can enjoy roasting marshmallows around the bonfire, warming up with hot chocolate and spiced cider, as well as treating yourself to some flavorsome kettle corn.
Christmas at the Corner Market is usually characterized by the following activities.
- Playing – Your kids can play on the wooden train and visit the friendly farm animals. Then you can all gather for a family photo to create lasting memories of the event.
- Warming up – Once you’ve had enough of playing, you can retreat to the fireside and treat yourself to a steaming cup of chocolate or spiced cider. You can also enjoy some homemade cider donuts, kettle corn, and hot dogs.
- Finding your Christmas tree – You can also get your family’s Christmas tree from the farm. Cox Farms specializes in Fraser firs, the most preferred Christmas tree, as well as Douglas firs. You can also get custom-made wreaths and centerpieces, courtesy of the farm’s in-house wreath experts.
- Visiting Santa – If Santa has always been elusive to you, you could try your luck at Cox Farms. He is known to be a frequent visitor there!
In conclusion, if you’ve been wondering where to take your family and have some quality time at any time of the year, you can’t go wrong with the Corner Market at Cox Farms. There’s always something to enjoy for the entire family, regardless of the season. You even don’t need to carry your camera as the farm’s elves will gladly take a picture of your loved ones at no charge.
Next Up: Sully Historic Site