Offering the best in quality sleep care for patients suffering with sleep disorders.
We offer inpatient and outpatient diagnosis & treatments at our affiliate hospital, Inova Loudoun in Lansdowne.
Dr. Aditya Dubey is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in sleep medicine.
Highly rated by patients across the DC, Maryland, Virginia region.
We are located near our friendly neighbors at Loudoun Family Pharmacy
Do you struggle to stay awake during the day? Are your nights filled with restless tossing and turning? Often, sleep challenges can be traced to undiagnosed sleep disorders. If you suspect you may have a sleep disorder, talk with one of our pulmonary and sleep specialists in Lansdowne, VA today.
Sleep disorders can interfere with your ability to fully rest, decrease your daytime focus, and cause long-term health problems.
Symptoms of sleep disorders
You might have a sleep disorder if you:
- Feel tired during the day
- Have difficulty focusing at work
- Toss and turn during the night
- Have headaches or a sore throat in the morning
- Sometimes wake up in the middle of the night gasping or snorting
If you’re not sure whether or not you suffer from these symptoms, ask your partner. You can also keep a journal tracking your hours of sleep, energy levels, caffeine and alcohol intake, bedtime, and other sleep patterns.
Contact Our Sleep Doctor and Sleep Study Specialists in Lansdowne, VA
At our sleep center, specialists help individuals overcome sleep disorders every day. Our specialists investigate the causes behind lack of rest, conduct sleep studies, and create treatment plans for better sleep. Click here to learn more about our pulmonary and critical care treatment.
How a sleep study can help
Often, our sleep center conducts sleep studies to help patients determine the exact cause of their restlessness. This allows them to recommend effective treatments for better rest.
What is a sleep study?
A sleep study is a simple test to determine the causes of grogginess, insomnia, and other sleep challenges. During a sleep study, specialists monitor your body’s signals during the day or as you sleep. These can reveal the specific sleep disorder that you have and inform treatment plans.
Types of sleep studies
Our sleep clinic in Lansdowne, VA offers four types of sleep studies. Your sleep specialist can recommend the study that’s best for you.
The four types of studies are:
- Polysomnogram (PSG) – During a PSG, our sleep center will measure your body movement, heart rate, brain activity, eye movements, blood pressure, and other vital signs. We can then interpret this data to determine whether you suffer from one of many sleep disorders, including:
- Circadian rhythm disorders
- Sleep-related movement disorders
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- And more
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT) – The MSLT is used to diagnose narcolepsy or track the progress of an existing sleep treatment. For a MSLT, a technician from our Lansdowne, VA sleep clinic will test your brain and eye activity during five 20-minute nap periods during the day. Depending on your sleepiness during these tests, your sleep treatment may be altered.
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT) – The MWT tests daytime sleepiness. It’s primarily employed to ensure safety, especially for those who work in transportation or operate heavy machinery.
- Home Sleep Test – A home sleep test is designed to detect moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea. You’ll pick up a small device from our Lansdowne, VA sleep clinic, receive instructions on its use, and return it after testing your sleep patterns.
Sleep study results and treatment
Once you’ve completed a sleep study, a specialist at our sleep center will evaluate your results. You’ll hear from your specialist about a week after your study. Occasionally, your specialist may prescribe a secondary study for additional data before recommending treatment. Every individual is unique. As a result, every treatment plan is different. Your sleep specialist will look at your sleep study results and listen to your symptoms to determine the right methods for you.
Treatment options may include:
- Lifestyle changes
- Oral sleeping device
- CPAP machine
- Treatment of underlying medical conditions
- And more
Don’t Let Lack of Sleep Impact your Quality of Life
At Nova Pulmonary Critical Care and Sleep Associates, our team of dedicated and talented sleep doctors and specialists are here to help. Our Lansdowne, VA sleep clinic is ready to help you overcome nighttime restlessness and daytime grogginess. With the comprehensive information provided by a sleep study, we can start you on your unique journey to an energized life.